Jump to Main Content
- Katzfuß, Anika, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2013 v.425-426 pp. 131-140
- artificial membranes; catalysts; chlorides; crosslinking; electrodes; hydrophobicity; methanol; potassium hydroxide
- ... 1,5-dimethylpolyphenylenoxide was brominated with NBS up to a substitution degree of 80%. The brominated PPO (BrPPO) was cross-linked with DABCO to a covalent cross-linked membrane. To investigate the influence of the size of the network, additional diiodobutane (DIB) was used. It could be determined that the ion conductivity (Cl⁻) with additional DIB rises from 2.3mS/cm to 5.4mS/cm despite a high ...
- Katzfuß, Anika, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2014 v.465 pp. 129-137
- anion exchange; catalysts; chemical bonding; crosslinking; fuel cells; ion-exchange membranes; methanol; methylation; potassium hydroxide; solvents
- ... In the present work, the development and the characterization of new anion exchange membranes (AEMs) based on a methylated polybenzimidazole (mPBIOO) and their application in direct methanol fuel cell (DMFC) are described. For the preparation of methylated PBIOO (mPBIOO), a gentle methylation method was developed by using dimethyl carbonate (DMC) and 1,4-diazabicyclo[2.2.2]octane (DABCO). The synt ...