Jump to Main Content
- Röttig, Annika, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2016 v.118 no.1 pp. 124-132
- Acinetobacter; Alcanivorax borkumensis; Marinobacter aquaeolei; Marinobacter hydrocarbonoclasticus; acyltransferases; biofuels; esterification; ethanol; fatty alcohols; methanol; triacylglycerols; wax esters
- ... For the biotechnical production of biofuels, oleo‐, or fine chemicals bacterial wax ester synthase/acyl‐Coenzyme A:diacylglycerol acyltransferases (WS/DGAT) are discussed as interesting candidates for in vivo esterification reactions. In this study, the suitability of selected acyltransferases for the conversion of non‐physiological substrates like short‐chain‐length alcohols and short‐chain lengt ...
- Weber, Annika M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry 2014 v.406 no.5 pp. 1447-1454
- biochemical pathways; dose response; electrophoresis; metabolites; methanol; pH; pentachlorophenol; phenolic compounds; screening; temperature
- ... This study demonstrates an untested link between model phenolic compounds and the formation/electrophoretic separation of stable urinary metabolites. Sterically encumbered carbonyl groups were examined, and mass determination was used to confirm the presence and stability of two oxidative metabolites of pentachlorophenol: tetrachloro-1,2-benzoquinone and tetrachloro-1,4-dihydroquinone. Subsequentl ...
- Jahnke, Annika, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chemosphere 2012 v.86 no.6 pp. 593-599
- aqueous solutions; bioaccumulation factor; chemical concentration; fish; hydrophobicity; laboratory techniques; methanol; partition coefficients; toxicity testing; water flow; water supply
- ... A continuous supply of water with defined stable concentrations of hydrophobic chemicals is a requirement in a range of laboratory tests such as the OECD 305 protocol for determining the bioconcentration factor in fish. Satisfying this requirement continues to be a challenge, particularly for hydrophobic chemicals. Here we present a novel solution based on equilibrium passive dosing. It employs a ...