Jump to Main Content
- Bogdanov, Alexey A., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Journal of Molecular Biology 2016 v.428 pp. 2134-2145
- Escherichia coli; adenosine; bacteria; humans; messenger RNA; methylation; methyltransferases; transfer RNA
- ... N6-methyladenosine (m6A) is ubiquitously present in the RNA of living organisms from Escherichia coli to humans. Methyltransferases that catalyze adenosine methylation are drastically different in specificity from modification of single residues in bacterial ribosomal or transfer RNA to modification of thousands of residues spread among eukaryotic mRNA. Interactions that are formed by m6A residues ...
- Bogdanov, Alexey A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Nucleic acids research 2007 v.35 no.7 pp. 2295-2301
- Escherichia coli; Methanococcus; methylation; methyltransferases; models; proteins; ribosomal RNA; ribosomes
- ... Five nearly universal methylated guanine-(N2) residues are present in bacterial rRNA in the ribosome. To date four out of five ribosomal RNA guanine-(N2)-methyltransferases are described. RsmC(YjjT) methylates G1207 of the 16S rRNA. RlmG(YgjO) and RlmL(YcbY) are responsible for the 23S rRNA m²G1835 and m²G2445 formation, correspondingly. RsmD(YhhF) is necessary for methylation of G966 residue of 1 ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bogdanov, Alexey A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biochimie 2011 v.93 no.4 pp. 725-729
- Escherichia coli; bacteria; calorimetry; guanosinetriphosphatase; light scattering; methylation; nucleotides; oxidative stress; ribosomal RNA; ribosomes; titration; translation (genetics)
- ... Among 4.5 thousand nucleotides of Escherichia coli ribosome 36 are modified. These nucleotides are clustered in the functional centers of ribosome, particularly on the interface of large and small subunits. Nucleotide m²G1835 located on the 50S side of intersubunit bridge cluster B2 is modified by N2-methyltransferase RlmG. By means of isothermal titration calorimetry and Rayleigh light scattering ...