Jump to Main Content
- Hoshii, Takayuki, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2014 v.450 pp. 837-843
- binding proteins; cell cycle; gene expression regulation; genes; green fluorescent protein; guanosine triphosphate; humans; leukemia; messenger RNA; mice; models; patients; prognosis; stem cells
- ... Acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) is a heterogeneous neoplastic disorder in which a subset of cells function as leukaemia-initiating cells (LICs). In this study, we prospectively evaluated the leukaemia-initiating capacity of AML cells fractionated according to the expression of a nucleolar GTP binding protein, nucleostemin (NS). To monitor NS expression in living AML cells, we generated a mouse AML m ...
- Hoshii, Takayuki, et al. Show all 20 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2009 v.106 no.40 pp. 17163-17168
- brain; fluorescence; hepatocyte growth factor receptor; mice; models; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; stem cells
- ... Controversy remains over whether the cancer stem cell (CSC) theory applies to all tumors. To determine whether cells within a highly aggressive solid tumor are stochastically or hierarchically organized, we combined a reporter system where the nucleostemin (NS) promoter drives GFP expression (termed NS-GFP) with a mouse brain tumor model induced by retroviral Ras expression on a p16Ink⁴a/p19Arf-de ...
- PubMed Central: