Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Peng, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Cell 2018 v.175 no.1 pp. 133-145.e15
- biomarkers; caspase-2; cholesterol; endoplasmic reticulum; fatty liver; humans; lipogenesis; mice; proteins; proteolysis; triacylglycerols
- ... Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) progresses to nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) in response to elevated endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress. Whereas the onset of simple steatosis requires elevated de novo lipogenesis, progression to NASH is triggered by accumulation of hepatocyte-free cholesterol. We now show that caspase-2, whose expression is ER-stress inducible and elevated in human an ...
- Zhao, Peng, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2018 v.118 pp. 365-374
- Saccharina japonica; anti-inflammatory activity; aorta; atherosclerosis; cerebrovascular disorders; cyclins; foam cells; fucoidan; gene expression; inflammation; interleukin-10; interleukin-6; lipid metabolism disorders; low density lipoprotein; messenger RNA; mice; molecular weight; transcription (genetics); triacylglycerols
- ... Atherosclerosis (AS) is the key cause of many cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases. The inflammatory response and lipid metabolism disorders contribute to the development and progression of AS. This work aims to study the anti-inflammatory effect and mechanism of low molecular weight fucoidan (LMWF) obtained from Saccharina japonica on atherosclerosis in apoE-knockout mice. The experimental ...