Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Feihong, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2019 v.512 no.2 pp. 319-325
- agonists; alcohol drinking; aldehyde dehydrogenase; atherosclerosis; cell senescence; dose response; endothelium; ethanol; mice; protective effect; resveratrol
- ... Moderate alcohol consumption has been shown to reduce atherosclerosis-associated diseases. As shown in our earlier works, ethanol has a dose-dependent protective effects against endothelial cellular senescence by activating aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 (ALDH2) in vitro. However, whether ethanol administration possesses anti-atherosclerosis properties and whether ALDH2 is involved in the underlying mec ...
- Yang, Feihong, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2018 v.503 no.2 pp. 501-507
- adipokines; apoptosis; blood serum; cardiac output; cardiomyocytes; coronary artery disease; enzyme inhibitors; humans; insulin resistance; mice; myocardial infarction; patients; protective effect
- ... Visceral adipose tissue-derived serine protease inhibitor (vaspin), as a secretory adipokine, was reported to exert a protective role on insulin resistance. Recent studies showed that serum vaspin level was downregulated in patients with coronary artery disease. However, whether vaspin exerted specific effects on myocardial injury remains unknown. In this study, we determined to explore the role o ...