Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: miran?
- Molina-Miras, A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2018 v.265 pp. 257-267
- Amphidinium; biomass production; carotenoids; light intensity; microalgae; nutrients; photobioreactors; polyunsaturated fatty acids
- ... The feasibility of the long-term (>170 days) culture of a dinoflagellate microalga in a raceway photobioreactor is demonstrated for the first time. Amphidinium carterae was chosen for this study as it is producer of interesting high-value compounds. Repeated semicontinuous culture provided to be a robust operational mode. Different concentration levels of the f/2 medium nutrients (i.e. f/2×1–3) we ...
- Molina-Miras, A., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Algal research 2018 v.31 pp. 87-98
- Amphidinium; air flow; bioactive properties; biomass; bioprocessing; culture media; feeding methods; functional diversity; hydrodynamics; metabolites; microalgae; phosphates; phosphorus; photobioreactors; polyketides; purification methods; stereochemistry
- ... Marine dinoflagellate microalgae belonging to the genus Amphidinium are a key source of an interesting group of polyketide metabolites with potent bioactivities, wide-ranging functional diversity and stereochemical complexity, but low natural availabilities. The feasibility of a microalgae dinoflagellate-based sustainable bioprocess for producing amphidinols (APDNs) by photoautotrophic culture of ...