Jump to Main Content
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2017 v.241 pp. 681-691
- Chlorobi; Planctomycetes; Proteobacteria; aeration; ammonia; anaerobic ammonium oxidation; biofilters; community structure; enzymology; microbial communities; nitrogen; nitrogen content; oxygen; pH; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; wastewater
- ... A permanent microbial stratified nitrogen removal system coupling anammox with partial nitrification (SNAP) in a sequencing batch biofilter granular reactor (SBBGR) was successfully constructed for the treatment of ammonia-rich wastewater. With a nitrogen loading rate of 0.1kgNm−3·d−1, the maximal ammonia and total nitrogen removal efficiencies could reach up to 96.08% and 84.86% on day 108, respe ...
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2017 v.244 pp. 391-399
- anaerobic ammonium oxidation; autoclaving; inoculum; microbial communities; nitrifying bacteria; nitrogen; sludge; upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactor
- ... Reducing activity of commensal bacteria in inocula may enhance anammox bacteria proliferation and realization of anammox process. Fast start-up of anammox process in an UASB reactor was successfully achieved by using autoclaved sludge (anaerobic granular sludge pretreated by autoclaving) and 0.3% active anammox sludge as inoculum. Continuous experiments indicated that R2 (autoclaved sludge additio ...