Jump to Main Content
- Faust, Karoline, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food microbiology 2018 v.73 pp. 49-60
- bacterial communities; eutrophication; fermentation; microbiome; niches; raw materials; spoilage
- ... The structure of microbial association networks was investigated for seventeen studies on food bacterial communities using the CoNet app. The results were compared with those for host and environmental microbiomes.Microbial association networks of food bacterial communities shared several properties with those of host microbiomes, although they were less complex and lacked a scale-free, small worl ...
- Faust, Karoline, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Molecular ecology 2015 v.24 no.10 pp. 2433-2448
- Actinomycetales; DNA; DNA repair; Verrucomicrobium; aluminum; bacterial communities; base saturation; burning; clearcutting; deforestation; forest soils; forests; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; metabolism; metagenomics; microbiome; nitrogen; nutrient availability; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; soil bacteria; soil fertility; soil nutrients; soil organic matter; soil pH; species diversity; Amazonia
- ... Slash‐and‐burn clearing of forest typically results in increase in soil nutrient availability. However, the impact of these nutrients on the soil microbiome is not known. Using next generation sequencing of 16S rRNA gene and shotgun metagenomic DNA, we compared the structure and the potential functions of bacterial community in forest soils to deforested soils in the Amazon region and related the ...