Jump to Main Content
- SUREN, ALASTAIR M.; LAMBERT, PAUL; IMAGE, KATIE; SORRELL, BRIAN K.
- Freshwater biology 2008 v.53 no.4 pp. 727-744
- Ceratopogonidae, etc ; Crustacea; Trichoptera; coasts; community structure; diameter; fauna; fens; habitats; macrophytes; midges; mites; models; molluscs; monitoring; nutrients; pH; ponds; principal component analysis; regression analysis; species diversity; swamps; variance; vegetation; water analysis; New Zealand; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... 1. Invertebrates were collected semi-quantitatively from four relatively undisturbed wetlands in the west coast of New Zealand's South Island: two acidic fens and two swamps. Samples were collected from up to four discrete habitats within each wetland: large open-water channels, small leads (small, ill-defined channels with emergent vegetation in them) and large (>10 m diameter) or small (<10 m di ...
- Dickson, Trapper R.; Walker, Ian R.
- Journal of paleolimnology 2015 v.53 no.2 pp. 165-176
- Ceratopogonidae, etc ; Chironomidae; death; fauna; heat sums; lakes; midges; models; mortality; temperature; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Chironomidae and Ceratopogonidae were tested experimentally for their responses to temperature. Three independent studies tested the effect of experimental temperatures (4, 14, and 24 °C) on emergence of midge faunas collected from littoral zones of three separate lakes, from profundal zones of three other lakes, and the littoral, sub-littoral and profundal zones of one lake. Results from these ex ...