Jump to Main Content
- Wagner, Juliane; Schieberle, Peter; Granvogl, Michael
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 132-138
- cineole; flavor compounds; isotope dilution technique; licorice; models; odor compounds; odors; stable isotopes; sucrose; vanillin
- ... Application of the sensomics concept elucidated the key odorants of heat-processed licorice (Succus Liquiritiae). Forty-nine aroma-active compounds with flavor dilution (FD) factors between 16 and 2048 were detected; 47 thereof were identified, 23 for the first time in heated licorice. 4-Hydroxy-2,5-dimethylfuran-3(2H)-one revealed the highest FD factor of 2048, followed by 3-hydroxy-4,5-dimethylf ...
- Lorjaroenphon, Yaowapa; Cadwallader, Keith R.
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2015 v.63 no.3 pp. 776-786
- carbonated beverages; cineole; eugenol; headspace analysis; isotope dilution technique; models; odor compounds; odors; quantitative analysis; sensory evaluation; solid phase microextraction; stable isotopes
- ... Thirty aroma-active components of a cola-flavored carbonated beverage were quantitated by stable isotope dilution assays, and their odor activity values (OAVs) were calculated. The OAV results revealed that 1,8-cineole, (R)-(â)-linalool, and octanal made the greatest contribution to the overall aroma of the cola. A cola aroma reconstitution model was constructed by adding 20 high-purity standard ...