Jump to Main Content
- Shin, Chan Young, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Archives of pharmacal research 2013 v.36 no.1 pp. 134-140
- agonists; antagonists; dopamine; drinking water; gamma-aminobutyric acid; haloperidol; in vitro studies; models; norepinephrine; rats
- ... In previous studies we have demonstrated that the γ-aminobutryic acid-A (GABA-A) receptor antagonist oroxylin A has an awakening effect and it also represses ADHD-like behaviors (hyperactivity, impulsivity and inattention) in the spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR) model of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). We hypothesized that the effects of oroxylin A were exerted via the GABA-A ...
- Shin, Chan Young, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Archives of pharmacal research 2013 v.36 no.7 pp. 854-863
- acoustics; agonists; antagonists; cognition; gamma-aminobutyric acid; in vitro studies; memory; mice; models; schizophrenia; scopolamine
- ... We previously reported that oroxylin A, a γ-aminobutyric acid A (GABAA) receptor antagonist, ameliorates drugs-induced memory impairments. We synthesized several oroxylin A derivatives in efforts to find a substance that has pro-cognitive effects as well as improves sensorimotor gating. The aim of the present study is to investigate the effect of a novel oroxylin A derivative, 5,7-dihydroxy-6-meth ...