Jump to Main Content
- Oken, Kiva L, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Fish and fisheries 2018 v.19 no.3 pp. 489-501
- aquatic food webs; databases; diet; fish; landscapes; marine ecosystems; models; mortality; predation; predator control; predators; temporal variation
- ... Predation can play an important role in population, community and ecosystem processes. When predator guilds are diverse, fluctuations in individual predator populations may have small influences on the guild at large, suggesting that predator diversity stabilizes the amount of predation prey experience. The strength of this phenomenon depends on how synchronously populations within predator assemb ...
- Oken, Kiva L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The journal of animal ecology 2015 v.84 no.1 pp. 60-70
- age structure; biomass; fish; food webs; life history; models; mortality; ontogeny; population dynamics; predation; predators; time series analysis
- ... The potential of predation to structure marine food webs is widely acknowledged. However, available tools to detect the regulation of prey population dynamics by predation are limited, partly because available population data often aggregate a population's age structure into a single biomass or abundance metric. Additionally, many food webs are relatively complex, with prey species subject to diff ...