Jump to Main Content
- Van den Brink, P.J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2011 v.159 no.10 pp. 3009-3017
- bacteria; data collection; diet; dissolved organic carbon; ecosystems; food webs; heterotrophs; linuron; macrophytes; models; periphyton; phytoplankton; primary productivity; risk assessment
- ... An extensive data set describing effects of the herbicide linuron on macrophyte-dominated microcosms was analysed with a food web model to assess effects on ecosystem functioning. We showed that sensitive phytoplankton and periphyton groups in the diets of heterotrophs were gradually replaced by more tolerant phytoplankton species as linuron concentrations increased. This diet shift – showing redu ...
- Van den Brink, P.J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2013 v.449 pp. 71-80
- biodiversity; biomass production; chemical substances; chronic exposure; linuron; long term effects; models; pesticide application; risk assessment; toxicity testing
- ... Environmental authorities require the protection of biodiversity and other ecosystem properties such as biomass production. However, the endpoints listed in available ecotoxicological datasets generally do not contain these two ecosystem descriptors. Inferring the effects of chemicals on such descriptors from micro- or mesocosm experiments is often hampered by inherent differences in the initial b ...