Jump to Main Content
- HOVESTADT, T., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of evolutionary biology 2011 v.24 no.11 pp. 2473-2484
- computer simulation; models; natural selection; predation
- ... Theoretical and empirical studies indicate that exploitation is a possible driver of exploiter and victim diversification. However, there are many factors which could promote and limit this diversification process. Using a spatially explicit individual‐based model, where an exploiter’s success depends on matching between its own and a victim’s continuous trait, we simulate local communities of vic ...
- Hovestadt, T., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Proceedings 2012 v.279 no.1731 pp. 1194-1202
- dispersal behavior; landscapes; models; population dynamics
- ... The movement rules used by an individual determine both its survival and dispersal success. Here, we develop a simple model that links inter-patch movement behaviour with population dynamics in order to explore how individual dispersal behaviour influences not only its dispersal and survival, but also the population's rate of range expansion. Whereas dispersers are most likely to survive when they ...
- PubMed Central: