Jump to Main Content
- Lai, Lei, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering 2018 v.6 no.5 pp. 6654-6662
- bio-packaging; biodegradability; mechanical testing; models; modulus of elasticity; montmorillonite; nanocomposites; permeability; prediction; tensile strength; thermal analysis; transmission electron microscopy; viability; water vapor; wide-angle X-ray scattering
- ... Low water vapor permeability is highly demanded for biodegradable packaging and agricultural film applications. However, biodegradable poly(butylene adipate-co-terephthalate) (PBAT) films demonstrate poor water vapor barrier properties. A series of nanocomposite (NC) films composed of organically modified montmorillonite (OMMT) dispersed at levels ranging from 0 to 13 wt % in PBAT were thus genera ...
- Ting, Lai-Lei, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Biomaterials 2012 v.33 no.26 pp. 6105-6112
- bone density; bone formation; bone marrow; females; femur; flow cytometry; knees; mice; models; osteoporosis; stem cells; therapeutics; tissue engineering
- ... Adipose-derived stem cells (ADSCs) have been shown to be pluoripotent and explored for their usage in tissue engineering. Previously, we have established a cell-based approach comprised of platelet-enriched plasma and osteo-progenitor cells for treating osteoporosis in an ovariectomized-senescence-accelerated mice (OVX-SAMP8) model. In the present study, we intend to explore the feasibility of usi ...