Jump to Main Content
- Yu, Jenny, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Aquaculture 2014 v.433 pp. 288-294
- Caligidae; Oncorhynchus mykiss; Salmo salar; antibiotics; cages; epidemiology; fish; fish farms; mariculture; models; mortality; pathogens; regression analysis; saline water; vaccines; Chile
- ... Piscirickettsiosis (SRS) is an endemic bacterial disease of high economic importance and is the primary reason for antibiotic usage in the aquaculture industry in Chile. Understanding the epidemiology of this disease is important in order to develop better control strategies for the Chilean aquaculture industry. The objectives of this project were to 1) describe the epidemiology of SRS on Atlantic ...
- Yu, Jenny, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Aquaculture reports 2016 v.4 pp. 150-155
- Leiocassis; Micropterus salmoides; Siniperca chuatsi; case studies; catfish; consumers (people); correlation; freshwater fish; markets; models; morbidity; mortality; partition coefficients; risk; transportation; variance; China
- ... Customers of finfish in China place a high priority on healthy fish at the point of sale but factors that increase the risk of morbidity and mortality during transportation have had limited study. We designed a case study to investigate variation of mortalities claimed by customers receiving fish at markets with above-normal mortalities. We used daily transaction records of the 3 species transport ...