Jump to Main Content
- Bachtiar, Erik Valentine, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of wood and wood products 2017 v.75 no.6 pp. 927-938
- Cunninghamia lanceolata; elasticity (mechanics); models; modulus of elasticity; strength (mechanics); water content; wood
- ... Elastic and strength properties are very important material characteristics in mechanical modelling. Due to the anisotropic and hygroscopic nature of wood, a characterization of wood mechanical behavior will require knowledge of its moisture-dependent properties in relation to the three principal axes of anisotropy. The influence of moisture content (MC) on the elastic and strength anisotropy of C ...
- Bachtiar, Erik Valentine, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Wood science and technology 2019 v.53 no.2 pp. 425-445
- Picea abies; biodegradation; cell walls; dimensional stability; mechanical properties; models; modulus of elasticity; polymerization; rolling; styrene; wood
- ... Chemical modification of wood mainly aims at improving dimensional stability, resistance to biodeterioration and surface degradation. In some cases, it is specifically targeted at adapting or improving mechanical performance. However, a general understanding of the effects of chemical modification on the mechanical properties of wood, which would facilitate more efficient modification strategies, ...