Jump to Main Content
- Anastasova, Salzitsa, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biosensors & bioelectronics 2017
- bioelectrical impedance; biosensors; electronic equipment; finishes; gold; intestines; ischemia; liquids; monitoring; pH; potassium; protons; saliva; sodium; specific ion electrodes
- ... The measurement of Na+, K+ and H+ is essential in medicine and plays an important role in the assessment of tissue ischemia. Microfabrication, inkjet- and screen-printing can be used for solid contact ion selective electrodes (ISE) realization; these, however, can be non-standardized, costly and time consuming processes. We present the realization of ISEs on post-processed electrodes fabricated vi ...
- Anastasova, Salzitsa, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biosensors & bioelectronics 2017 v.93 pp. 139-145
- biomarkers; biosensors; composite polymers; cortisol; data collection; electrochemistry; electrolytes; enzymes; exercise; health services; humans; iridium; lactic acid; metabolites; monitoring; pH; poly(vinyl chloride); polyurethanes; saliva; sodium; sports; sweat; temperature
- ... In sport, exercise and healthcare settings, there is a need for continuous, non-invasive monitoring of biomarkers to assess human performance, health and wellbeing. Here we report the development of a flexible microfluidic platform with fully integrated sensing for on-body testing of human sweat. The system can simultaneously and selectively measure metabolite (e.g. lactate) and electrolytes (e.g. ...
- Anastasova, Salzitsa, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2015 v.87 no.15 pp. 7763-7770
- bicycling; biosensors; electrodes; glucose; humans; lactic acid; metabolites; microdialysis; monitoring
- ... This work presents the design, fabrication, and characterization of a robust 3D printed microfluidic analysis system that integrates with FDA-approved clinical microdialysis probes for continuous monitoring of human tissue metabolite levels. The microfluidic device incorporates removable needle type integrated biosensors for glucose and lactate, which are optimized for high tissue concentrations, ...
- PubMed Central: