Jump to Main Content
- LYNN, DENIS H., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of eukaryotic microbiology 2007 v.54 no.5 pp. 436-442
- Ciliophora; lakes; monophyly; new species; nucleotide sequences; ribosomal RNA; Germany
- ... The odontostomatid ciliates have remained a homogeneous order of ciliates since the 1930s when they were recognized as a monophyletic assemblage. Since that time they have been placed with the heterotrich ciliates, and more recently transferred as incertae sedis to the new "riboclass" class Armophorea. We were able to obtain the small subunit rRNA gene sequence of the odontostomatid Epalxella anti ...
- Lynn, Denis H., et al. Show all 2 Author
- The journal of eukaryotic microbiology 2015 v.62 no.4 pp. 543-552
- Ciliophora; Mollusca; biodiversity; biogeography; fish; genes; genetic variation; monophyly; ribosomal RNA
- ... The phylogenetic relationships of the ciliate subclass Peritrichia, composed of the orders Mobilida and Sessilida, have recently come under debate as morphological and molecular analyses have struck contrasting conclusions as to the monophyly of the group. We provide additional molecular data to assess the monophyly of the Peritrichia by sequencing the small subunit ribosomal RNA genes of two symb ...