Jump to Main Content
- Kimble, Steven J. A.; Johnson, April J.; Williams, Rod N.; Hoverman, Jason T.
- EcoHealth 2017 v.14 no.4 pp. 810-815
- Ranavirus, etc ; Terrapene; adaptive immunity; captive animals; clinical examination; mortality; nose; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... A Ranavirus outbreak in a captive population of wild-caught individuals was monitored using clinical evaluations and real-time PCR in 317 wild box turtles held in captivity during translocation. During the 2-year study period, the population experienced 71.6% mortality, suggesting that ranaviruses can rapidly attenuate populations. Wide variation in infection rate (7–94% per sampling period) was o ...
- Kik, Marja; Stege, Marisca; Boonyarittichaikij, Roschong; van Asten, Alphons
- The veterinary journal 2012 v.194 no.2 pp. 247-249
- Ranavirus, etc ; captive animals; coat proteins; erythrocytes; frogs; genes; inclusion bodies; mixed infection; mortality; polymerase chain reaction; viruses; Netherlands; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... A ranavirus infection with concurrent Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis infection and mortality in captive Phyllobates and Dendrobates species is reported. Greyish skin with hepato- and reno-megaly were evident. Microscopically, Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis was present in the stratum corneum of the hyperkeratotic skin. Intracytoplasmic inclusion bodies were present in erythrocytes and multiple orga ...