Jump to Main Content
- Dengela, Dereje; Seyoum, Aklilu; Lucas, Bradford; Johns, Benjamin; George, Kristen; Belemvire, Allison; Caranci, Angela; Norris, Laura C.; Fornadel, Christen M.
- Parasites & vectors 2018 v.11 no.1 pp. 71
- cement, etc ; Culicidae; United States Agency for International Development; World Health Organization; active ingredients; application rate; bendiocarb; bioassays; climate; cypermethrin; deltamethrin; guidelines; humans; insect vectors; insecticide resistance; malaria; monitoring; mortality; pesticide application; pesticide formulations; pirimiphos-methyl; spray coverage; spraying; wood; Benin; Burkina Faso; Ethiopia; Ghana; Kenya; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Mali; Mozambique; Nigeria; Rwanda; Senegal; Tanzania; Uganda; United States; Zambia; Zimbabwe; Show all 42 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Indoor residual spraying (IRS) is the application of insecticide to the interior walls of household structures that often serve as resting sites for mosquito vectors of malaria. Human exposure to malaria vectors is reduced when IRS involves proper application of pre-determined concentrations of the active ingredient specific to the insecticide formulation of choice. The impact of IRS c ...
- PubMed Central:
- Mutagahywa, Joshua; Ijumba, Jasper N; Pratap, Harish B; Molteni, Fabrizio; Mugarula, Frances E; Magesa, Stephen M; Ramsan, Mahdi M; Kafuko, Jessica M; Nyanza, Elias C; Mwaipape, Osia; Rutta, Juma G; Mwalimu, Charles D; Ndong, Isaiah; Reithinger, Richard; Thawer, Narjis G; Ngondi, Jeremiah M
- Parasites & vectors 2015 v.8 no.1 pp. 203
- cement, etc ; Anopheles gambiae; World Health Organization; bioassays; bricks; domestic animals; lambda-cyhalothrin; limestone; malaria; microencapsulation; mortality; oils; pH; residential housing; spraying; thatch; wood; Zanzibar; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: The type of sprayable surface impacts on residual efficacy of insecticide used in indoor residual spraying (IRS). However, there is limited data on common types of wall surfaces sprayed in Zanzibar and mainland Tanzania where IRS began in 2006 and 2007 respectively. The study investigated residual efficacy of micro-encapsulated lambda-cyhalothrin sprayed on common surfaces of human dwe ...
- PubMed Central:
- Losinger, Willard C.; Bush, Eric J.; Smith, Marty A.; Corso, Barbara A.
- Preventive veterinary medicine 1998 v.37 no.1-4 pp. 21
- cement, etc ; swine; animal production; finishing; mortality; respiratory tract diseases; surveys; disease surveillance; bacterial infections; Haemophilus; Actinobacillus; farrowing; weaning weight; swine housing; floors; regression analysis; United States; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... In the 1995 National Swine Study of the United States National Animal Health Monitoring System, producers identified respiratory problems as the leading cause of death in pigs during the grower/finisher phase of production. Over a six-month period, 61.7±4.1% (mean±SEM) of operations reported at least one death attributed to respiratory problems among finisher pigs (based on 388 operations represen ...