Jump to Main Content
- Armstrong, A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant pathology 2015 v.64 no.2 pp. 456-466
- Chamaecyparis lawsoniana; Juniperus communis; Libocedrus chilensis; Phytophthora; Xanthocyparis nootkatensis; dieback; drainage; internal transcribed spacers; leaves; loci; mortality; pathogens; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; streams; trees; Argentina; England; Scotland
- ... From 2011 to 2013, Phytophthora austrocedrae was isolated from diseased Juniperus communis exhibiting dieback and mortality at eight geographically separate sites in Scotland and northern England. The pathogen was also confirmed present either by standard PCR of the ITS locus and sequencing or by real‐time PCR on J. communis with symptoms at a further 11 sites in northern Britain. Out of 167 J. co ...
- Armstrong, A S, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Laboratory animals 2011 v.45 no.3 pp. 131-140
- animal models; diabetes mellitus; drugs; experimental design; mice; mortality; streptozotocin
- ... Streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetes mellitus (DM) offers a very cost-effective and expeditious technique that can be used in most strains of rodents, opening the field of DM research to an array of genotypic and phenotypic options that would otherwise be inaccessible. Despite widespread use of STZ in small animal models, the data available concerning drug preparation, dosing and administration, ...
- PubMed Central:
- Armstrong, A., et al. Show all 30 Authors
- Genetica 2011 v.139 no.3 pp. 353-367
- DNA; DNA fragmentation; Salmo salar; alleles; genotyping; loci; microsatellite repeats; mortality; research programs
- ... Microsatellite genotyping is a common DNA characterization technique in population, ecological and evolutionary genetics research. Since different alleles are sized relative to internal size-standards, different laboratories must calibrate and standardize allelic designations when exchanging data. This interchange of microsatellite data can often prove problematic. Here, 16 microsatellite loci wer ...
- PubMed Central: