Jump to Main Content
- Messerschmid, Clemens; Lange, Jens; Sauter, Martin
- Hydrological processes 2018 v.32 no.10 pp. 1375-1390
- West Bank, etc ; Cretaceous period; Mediterranean climate; altitude; aquifers; automation; bedrock; ephemeral streams; karsts; mountains; rain; rain intensity; runoff; soil science; storms; stream channels; subwatersheds; surface area; vegetation cover; winter; Mediterranean region; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Run‐off transmission loss into karstified consolidated aquifer bedrock below ephemeral streams (wadis) has rarely been described nor quantified. This study presents unique data of long‐term high‐resolution field measurements and field observations in a semiarid to subhumid Mediterranean carbonatic mountainshed. The catchment with a 103 km² surface area is subdivided into 5 subcatchments. Coupled r ...
- Sohrt, Jakob; Ries, Fabian; Sauter, Martin; Lange, Jens
- Catena 2014 v.123 pp. 1-10
- West Bank, etc ; groundwater recharge; irrigation; karsts; mountains; particle size; preferential flow; rain; runoff; semiarid zones; soil density; soil depth; soil profiles; soil water; surveys; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... In many semi-arid environments, the surface materials are frequently characterized by thin soils and large proportions of bare rock, both of which are expected to considerably influence infiltration and groundwater recharge processes. In this study, small plot scale irrigation experiments in combination with dye tracer application, as well as real-time and subsequent soil moisture measurements and ...