Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: versa?
- Verma, Ritu, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Mountain research and development 2014 v.34 no.3 pp. 297-300
- children; climate change; gender; learning; livelihood; men; mountains; nationalities and ethnic groups; society; sustainable development; women; Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Bhutan; China; Himalayan region; India; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan
- ... The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) believes in a future where the mountain people of the Hindu Kush–Himalayas can experience enhanced livelihoods, equity, and social and environmental security; where they can adapt to environmental, socioeconomic, and climate change; and where future generations of mountain and downstream populations can enjoy the benefits and op ...
- Verma, Jyoti, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Aquatic ecosystem health & management 2013 v.16 no.4 pp. 362-373
- Bacillariophyta; altitude; biodiversity; eutrophication; fauna; fish; flora; game fish; habitat fragmentation; habitats; lotic systems; macroinvertebrates; mountains; pollution; rivers; saprophytes; streams; temperature; water power; watersheds; Himalayan region; India
- ... This is the pioneering attempt to study the spatial patterns in structure of lotic ecosystems that form the Ganga River system in the Himalaya. The diversity of source (glacier-fed [GF], snow-fed [SN] and spring-fed [SF]) and stream-size (both interrelated) across the altitudinal panorama, create numerous habitats that contribute to structural diversity. The spatial patterns in richness, density a ...