Jump to Main Content
- Bogdanov, Alexey
M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2016 v.138 no.14 pp. 4807-4817
- electron transfer; fluorescent proteins; mutants; photooxidation; photostability; point mutation
- ... Photoinduced electron transfer in fluorescent proteins from the GFP family can be regarded either as an asset facilitating new applications or as a nuisance leading to the loss of optical output. Photooxidation commonly results in green-to-red photoconversion called oxidative redding. We discovered that yellow FPs do not undergo redding; however, the redding is restored upon halide binding. Calcul ...
- Bogdanov, Alexey A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- FEBS letters 2011 v.585 no.19 pp. 3073-3078
- Escherichia coli; X-radiation; binding sites; mutants; nucleotides; puromycin; ribosomal RNA; ribosomes; site-directed mutagenesis
- ... Helix 89 of the 23S rRNA connects ribosomal peptidyltransferase center and elongation factor binding site. Secondary structure of helix 89 determined by X-ray structural analysis involves less base pairs then could be drawn for the helix of the same primary structure. It can be that alternative secondary structure might be realized at some stage of translation. Here by means of site-directed mutag ...
- Bogdanov, Alexey A., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of molecular biology 2012 v.416 no.5 pp. 656-667
- Escherichia coli; catalytic activity; death; enzyme activity; genes; luciferase; mutants; mutation; proteins; proteome; puromycin; ribosomal RNA; ribosomes; stress response; transfer RNA; translation (genetics)
- ... Catalysis of peptide bond formation in the peptidyl transferase center is a major enzymatic activity of the ribosome. Mutations limiting peptidyl transferase activity are mostly lethal. However, cellular processes triggered by peptidyl transferase deficiency in the bacterial cell are largely unknown. Here we report a study of the lethal G2061C mutant of Escherichia coli 23S ribosomal RNA (rRNA). T ...