Jump to Main Content
- van Aarle, Ingrid M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Botany 2015 v.93 no.7 pp. 405-412
- Medicago truncatula; Plantago lanceolata; Rhizophagus irregularis; Silene vulgaris; biomass; coculture; ecosystems; flowers; fruits; grasslands; host plants; mixed culture; mycorrhizal fungi; plant communities; plant density; plant development; plant growth; reproduction; root systems; synergism
- ... Reciprocal effects between arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) and plant communities are essential to study the complexity of interactions in a grassland ecosystem. Here, we investigated the effects of plant community density and composition on AMF colonization, plant growth, and reproduction investment. We developed an experimental system with three compartments, each containing either three or si ...
- van Aarle, Ingrid M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Fungal biology 2011 v.115 no.7 pp. 643-648
- Glomus intraradices; X-radiation; leeks; microscopy; mycelium; mycorrhizal fungi; root systems; roots; silicon; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae; zinc
- ... We investigated element accumulation in vesicles of the arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) fungus Glomus intraradices, extracted from the roots of inoculated leek plants. The elemental composition (elements heavier than Mg) was quantified using particle-induced X-ray emission (PIXE), in combination with scanning transmission ion microscopy (STIM). In vesicles, P was the most abundant of the elements anal ...