Jump to Main Content
- Austad, Ingvild, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Restoration ecology 2016 v.24 no.3 pp. 381-389
- field experimentation; germplasm regeneration; grasslands; habitats; hay; land restoration; natural regeneration; seed dispersal; seed mixtures; sowing; species diversity; temporal variation
- ... The present loss of species‐rich grasslands makes it vital to restore these valuable habitat types, including novel habitat variants such as road verges. Due to the lack of knowledge on long‐term outcomes of restoration initiatives, well‐designed studies comparing different restoration methods are needed. In this study, we examined fine‐scale vegetation recovery patterns over 9 years in a field ex ...
- Austad, Ingvild, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied vegetation science 2015 v.18 no.2 pp. 190-196
- field experimentation; germination; grasslands; hay; natural regeneration; seeds; soil; sowing; species diversity; temporal variation; Norway
- ... QUESTIONS: How do various grassland restoration methods (hay transfer from local or distant donors, seed sowing or natural regeneration) perform in restoration of species‐rich, semi‐natural grasslands? Are any of the donors particularly well suited as reference vegetation? Do bare soil treatments give better results than treatments where the soil is covered? What are the probabilities of steering ...