Jump to Main Content
- Jeawon, Sunita S.; Katz, Lisa M.; Galvin, Noreen P.; Cahalan, Stephen D.; Duggan, Vivienne E.
- Journal of equine veterinary science 2019 v.73 pp. 24-29
- umbilical arteries, etc ; Thoroughbred; blood; blood gases; blood sampling; farms; foals; humans; mares; medicine; neonates; pregnancy; umbilical cord; umbilical veins; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Umbilical cord arterial and venous blood gas analysis is a commonly performed procedure in human neonatal medicine to help ascertain a newborn infant's oxygenation and acid-base status before birth. Defined protocols for performing the procedure have been described in the medical literature. The aim of this report was to describe in detail the procedure for collecting paired blood samples from the ...
- Kocyłowski, Rafał; Lewicka, Iwona; Grzesiak, Mariusz; Gaj, Zuzanna; Oszukowski, Przemysław; von Kaisenberg, Constantin; Suliburska, Joanna
- Biological trace element research 2018 v.182 no.2 pp. 217-223
- umbilical arteries, etc ; atomic absorption spectrometry; blood sampling; blood serum; calcium; childbirth; copper; gestational age; iron; magnesium; mineral content; minerals; neonates; pregnancy; pregnant women; umbilical cord; umbilical veins; zinc; Poland; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The mineral levels in maternal serum change during pregnancy and may be correlated with those of newborn cord blood. The aim of this study was to evaluate the concentrations of calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg), zinc (Zn), iron (Fe), and copper (Cu) in maternal blood before and after delivery and in umbilical cord vein and artery serum. The study was carried out in 64 Caucasian pregnant women who deliv ...
- PubMed Central: