Jump to Main Content
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.78 pp. 132-139
- anaerobic ammonium oxidation; bioreactors; dissolved oxygen; dose response; habitats; ions; iron; isotopes; nitrifying bacteria; nitrogen; pH; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; total nitrogen
- ... In this paper, three bio-reactors were designed to determine the effects of different zero-valent iron (ZVI) powder dosages on anammox. Initially, a high ZVI dosage inhibited the anammox process, while anammox adopted the habitat after long-term culture. The continuous experiment indicated that R2 (100 mg ZVI/L) had no notable effect on shortening the anammox start-up time, while R3 (1000 mg ZVI/L ...
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2017 v.244 pp. 391-399
- anaerobic ammonium oxidation; autoclaving; inoculum; microbial communities; nitrifying bacteria; nitrogen; sludge; upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactor
- ... Reducing activity of commensal bacteria in inocula may enhance anammox bacteria proliferation and realization of anammox process. Fast start-up of anammox process in an UASB reactor was successfully achieved by using autoclaved sludge (anaerobic granular sludge pretreated by autoclaving) and 0.3% active anammox sludge as inoculum. Continuous experiments indicated that R2 (autoclaved sludge additio ...