Jump to Main Content
- Chowdhury, Abhishek Dutta, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2018 v.140 no.29 pp. 9154-9158
- Bronsted acids; active sites; aluminum; carbon; catalysts; electron microscopy; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oxygen; phosphorus; porous media; silicon; stable isotopes; structure-activity relationships; tomography
- ... Understanding the 3-D distribution and nature of active sites in heterogeneous catalysts is critical to developing structure–function relationships. However, this is difficult to achieve in microporous materials as there is little relative z-contrast between active and inactive framework elements (e.g., Al, O, P, and Si), making them difficult to differentiate with electron microscopies. We have a ...
- PubMed Central:
- Chowdhury, Abhishek Dutta, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2018 v.140 no.43 pp. 14195-14205
- Bronsted acids; dimerization; fluorescence; fluorescence microscopy; moieties; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; photostability; solvents; styrene; thermodynamics; zeolites
- ... Zeolite activity and selectivity is often determined by the underlying proton and hydrogen-transfer reaction pathways. For the first time, we use single-molecule fluorescence microscopy to directly follow the real-time behavior of individual styrene-derived carbocationic species formed within zeolite ZSM-5. We find that intermittent fluorescence and remarkable photostability of carbocationic inter ...