Jump to Main Content
- Rosa, Luiz Pinguelli
- energy; industry; nuclear power; uranium; Argentina; Brazil; Germany; Latin America; United States
- ... The 1973 energy crisis prompted the United States to suspend supplies of enriched uranium to the reactor being built in Brazil, Angra I. In 1975, the Brazil–Germany Nuclear Agreement was announced. The Programme was a failure. Today the Angra II nuclear reactor has been completed, the only reactor completed under the agreement with Germany. Brazil's last military President implemented the Parallel ...
- Rosa, Luiz Pinguelli, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy Policy 2013 v.60 pp. 284-289
- electricity; energy; hydroelectric power; nuclear power; operating costs; power plants; Brazil
- ... This article analyzes the thermal energy options available in the country to support the expansion of Brazil's electricity grid capacity. The country's electricity mix consists primarily of renewable sources of energy and this configuration will be maintained throughout the 21st century. However, grid expansion can no longer benefit from hydroelectric power plants with large reservoirs leading to ...