Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: brian?
- Jennings, W. Bryan
- Molecular ecology 2017 v.26 no.19 pp. 4862-4871
- Ambystoma; DNA; ecologists; ecology; loci; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; phylogeography; researchers; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... Multilocus coalescent methods for inferring species trees or historical demographic parameters typically require the assumption that gene trees for sampled SNPs or DNA sequence loci are conditionally independent given their species tree. In practice, researchers have used different criteria to delimit “independent loci.” One criterion identifies sampled loci as being independent of each other if t ...
- Jennings, W. Bryan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Diversity 2013 v.5 no.3 pp. 657-679
- Aneides; Pleistocene epoch; altitude; gene flow; genetic variation; loci; mitochondria; mitochondrial DNA; mountains; nuclear genome; nucleotide sequences; population growth; refuge habitats; rivers; salamanders and newts; watersheds; California; Oregon; Sacramento River
- ... Here we characterize the genetic structure of Black Salamanders (Aneides flavipunctatus) in the Klamath Mountains of northwestern California and southwestern Oregon using mitochondrial and nuclear DNA sequences. We hypothesized that the Sacramento, Smith, Klamath, and Rogue River watersheds would represent distinct genetic populations based on prior ecological results, which suggest that Black Sal ...