Jump to Main Content
- Teather, R.M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2007 v.102 no.2 pp. 563-569
- DNA; Enterococcus faecalis; Gram-positive bacteria; amino acid sequences; amino acids; antibacterial proteins; bacteriocins; molecular weight; nucleotide sequences; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; polymerase chain reaction; rumen; rumen bacteria; structural genes
- ... Purification and partial characterization of an extracellular bacteriocin produced by the ruminal isolate Enterococcus faecalis II/1 and determine the frequency of occurrence of enterolysin A structural gene within the ruminal cocci. Bacteriocin produced by E. faecalis II/1 was purified to homogeneity. Purified bacteriocin exhibited a single band on sodium dodecylsulphate polyacrylamide gel electr ...
- Teather, R.M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2001 v.67 no.2 pp. 569-574
- Streptococcus bovis; ribosomal DNA; cattle; phylogeny; bacteriocins; amino acid sequences; genes; nucleotide sequences; molecular weight; rumen bacteria; antibacterial properties
- ... Streptococci obtained from rumen sources were tested for the production of antibacterial compounds using a deferred-antagonism plating assay. Of 35 isolates tested, 7 were identified that inhibited the growth of other streptococci. None of the inhibitory activity was due to bacteriophage. Three isolates, LRC0253, LRC0255, and LRC0476, were selected for further characterization. Analysis of 16S rib ...
- PubMed Central: