Jump to Main Content
- Bulgiba, Awang, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biochemical genetics 2015 v.53 no.4-6 pp. 120-131
- alleles; body mass index; genotyping; haplotypes; obesity; resistin; single nucleotide polymorphism; waist circumference; Malaysia
- ... Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in the resistin gene (RETN) are linked to obesity and resistin levels in various populations. However, results have been inconsistent. This study aimed to investigate association between polymorphisms in the resistin gene with obesity in a homogenous Malaysian Malay population. This study is also aimed to determine association between resistin levels with cert ...
- Bulgiba, Awang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular biology reports 2014 v.41 no.5 pp. 2917-2921
- adiponectin; alleles; confidence interval; gene frequency; genotyping; haplotypes; obesity; odds ratio; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; risk; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... Studies have shown that single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) on the ADIPOQ gene have been linked with obesity and with adiponectin levels in various populations. Here, we aimed to investigate the association of ADIPOQ rs17366568 and rs3774261 SNPs with obesity and with adiponectin levels in Malaysian Malays. Obesity parameters and adiponectin levels were measured in 574 subjects. Genotyping was ...
- Bulgiba, Awang M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- children; cohort studies; developing countries; ethnic differences; females; indigenous peoples; males; malnutrition; monitoring; morbidity; nutritional status; obesity; rural areas; sociodemographic characteristics; underweight; urban population; urbanization; Malaysia
- ... For many developing countries undergoing rapid economic growth and urbanization, trends in nutritional status indicate a decrease in malnutrition with an associated rise in the prevalence of obesity. An understanding of the situation among children in Malaysia is lacking. To examine the prevalence, trends and sociodemographic factors described for underweight and overweight children in Malaysia. T ...