Jump to Main Content
- Cioccolanti, T., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2016 v.211 pp. 152-157
- bark; branches; canopy; climate; cold; cultivars; defoliation; freezing; frost resistance; growing season; olives; orchards; shoots; trees; Italy
- ... The objective of the present study was to assess the frost tolerance of 24 olive cultivars after a freezing event that occurred in February 2012 in Marche Region (Central Italy), and their recovery ability during the following growing seasons (2012 and 2013). The studied cultivars were locally, nationally and internationally spread. Trees were three-year-old and in the rest phase at the time of th ...
- Cioccolanti, T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2017 no.1160 pp. 127-134
- branches; canopy; cultivars; olives; orchards; shoots; trees; Italy
- ... In a high density (1,250 trees ha-1) olive orchard in central Italy, the architectural characteristics of 'Arbequina', 'Arbosana', 'Koroneiki', 'FS17', 'Don Carlo' and 'Giulia' cultivars was studied. Tree height, canopy dimensions, trunk diameter at 0.20, 0.75, 1.5, 2.0 m from the ground, branch intersection height along the trunk, diameter and length of the primary branches were measured in 2010, ...