Jump to Main Content
- Nascimento, Joseane Moreira Do, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Systematic and applied acarology 2018 v.23 no.3 pp. 426-440
- Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus; Ornithonyssus bursa; Sarcoptiformes; Troglodytes musculus; Tyrophagus putrescentiae; ectoparasites; fauna; forests; households; mites; nests; orchards; poultry housing; wild birds; Brazil
- ... Interactions between birds and mites have allowed mites to act as ectoparasites or to be associated with the micro-environments of nests. The aim of this study was to identify the mite fauna associated with wild bird nests in the rural and urban zones of different environments, and analyze the importance of birds as potential carriers of these organisms to households or poultry houses. In the rura ...
- Nascimento, Joseane Moreira Do, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Systematic and applied acarology 2018 v.23 no.6 pp. 1190-1198
- Aculus schlechtendali; Malus domestica; apples; cultivars; leaves; mites; orchards; pests; quarantine; surveys; Brazil
- ... The aim of this work is to report the presence of Aculus schlechtendali (Nalepa, 1890) (Prostigmata: Eriophyidae) (Apple rust mite—ARM), in apple orchards of Serra Gaúcha, state of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Surveys were conducted from apple leaves of Gala cultivar in a commercial orchard of Vacaria County (S 28′ 34.540 W 050′ 52.153) in the Northeast region of the state of Rio Grande do Sul, betw ...