Jump to Main Content
- Guzmán, Gloria I., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Agricultural systems 2008 v.98 no.3 pp. 167-176
- crop production; olive oil; irrigated farming; olives; dryland farming; energy efficiency; Olea europaea; organic foods; organic production; sustainable agriculture; Spain
- ... The current situation of worldwide concern over the emission of greenhouse gases and its effect on the climate demands an evaluation, from the perspective of energy efficiency and more specifically of non-renewable energy sources, of tendencies for change in the management of agricultural systems which have arisen in recent years. This article uses energy balances to evaluate the contribution of o ...
- Guzmán, Gloria I., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Agroecology and sustainable food systems 2013 v.37 no.1 pp. 127-146
- agroecology; case studies; environmental impact; farming systems; food supply chain; organic foods; photosynthetically active radiation; technological change; Spain
- ... The serious problems of agrarian unsustainability cannot be solved through technological changes that lessen environmental impacts. Although technological change is important, it is also necessary to change the agri-food system as a whole. Participatory action research (PAR) is a methodological approach to collaborate with local communities. It enables us to advance in the restructuring of physica ...