Jump to Main Content
- Gutierrez-Perera, J.M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2012 no.933 pp. 83-88
- Allium cepa; bulbs; color; cultivars; fresh market; landraces; markets; onions; organic production; refractive index; soluble solids
- ... Ten Spanish landraces of onion (Allium cepa L.), nine of them coming from the genebank of the COMAV, and one commercial cultivar, as control, were assayed during 2009 in the Centro de Investigación Agraria Finca “La Orden-Valdesequera”, Extremadura (Spain). The trial was conducted using techniques that conform to legislation in organic agriculture. The harvested bulbs were graded by equatorial dia ...
- Gutierrez-Perera, J.M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2012 no.933 pp. 61-67
- cucumbers; cultivars; disease resistance; farms; fruit yield; landraces; mildews; organic production; pH; quality control; sensory properties
- ... In 2009, twenty cultivars of sweet melon, var. inodorus, were grown in “La Orden” farm (Guadajira, Badajoz) using organic production techniques. Nineteen of them were Spanish landraces and the other one, as a control, was a commercial hybrid cultivar named ‘Seda’. Some agronomic (level of cucumber mildew disease resistance, commercial yield and fruit weight) and quality (°Brix, pH and sensory qual ...