Jump to Main Content
- Paumann-Page, Martina, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2018 v.646 pp. 120-127
- acetaminophen; bromides; catalase; collagen; crosslinking; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibitors; epithelial cells; extracellular matrix; hydrazides; hydrogen peroxide; hydroxylysine; mass spectrometry; methionine; myeloperoxidase; oxidation; peroxidase; thiocyanates
- ... Peroxidasin is a heme peroxidase that catalyses the oxidation of bromide by hydrogen peroxide to form an essential sulfilimine cross-link between methionine and hydroxylysine residues in collagen IV. We investigated cross-linking by peroxidasin embedded in extracellular matrix isolated from cultured epithelial cells and its sensitivity to alternative substrates and peroxidase inhibitors. Peroxidas ...
- Paumann-Page, Martina, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2013 v.539 no.1 pp. 51-62
- heme; humans; hydrogen peroxide; iron; methionine; myeloperoxidase; neutrophils; oxidants; oxidation; peroxidase; phagosomes; polypeptides; thermal stability
- ... Human myeloperoxidase (MPO) uses hydrogen peroxide generated by the oxidative burst of neutrophils to produce an array of antimicrobial oxidants. During this process MPO is irreversibly inactivated. This study focused on the unknown role of hydrogen peroxide in this process. When treated with low concentrations of H₂O₂ in the absence of reducing substrates, there was a rapid loss of up to 35% of i ...
- PubMed Central: