Jump to Main Content
- Lütke Eversloh, Christian, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Water research 2015 v.72 pp. 293-304
- aromatic compounds; carbon; chlorine; electrochemistry; electrodes; electrolysis; hydroxylation; mineralization; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oxidation; reverse osmosis; sodium chloride; sodium sulfate
- ... The electrochemical treatment of low-salinity reverse osmosis (RO) concentrates was investigated using tramadol (100 μM) as a model substance for persistent organic contaminants. Galvanostatic degradation experiments using boron-doped diamond electrodes at different applied currents were conducted in RO concentrates as well as in ultra-pure water containing either sodium chloride or sodium sulfate ...
- Lütke Eversloh, Christian, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2013 v.47 no.13 pp. 6819-6828
- UV filters; Vibrio fischeri; activated sludge; biodegradation; biotransformation; chemical structure; decarboxylation; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oxidation; prediction; sulfonic acid; sunscreens; toxicity; wastewater treatment
- ... The UV-filter substance Sulisobenzone (BP-4) is widely employed in sunscreens and other personal care products. In the current study, its behavior during biological wastewater treatment was investigated. In contact with activated sludge BP-4 was degraded in aerobic batch experiments forming at least nine transformation products (TPs). The mass balance in the batch experiments was closed, as measur ...