Jump to Main Content
- Lütke Eversloh, Christian, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Water research 2015 v.72 pp. 293-304
- aromatic compounds; carbon; chlorine; electrochemistry; electrodes; electrolysis; hydroxylation; mineralization; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oxidation; reverse osmosis; sodium chloride; sodium sulfate
- ... The electrochemical treatment of low-salinity reverse osmosis (RO) concentrates was investigated using tramadol (100 μM) as a model substance for persistent organic contaminants. Galvanostatic degradation experiments using boron-doped diamond electrodes at different applied currents were conducted in RO concentrates as well as in ultra-pure water containing either sodium chloride or sodium sulfate ...
- Lütke Eversloh, Christian, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Water research 2016 v.103 pp. 424-434
- alkalinity; bicarbonates; chlorides; chlorine; desalination; humic acids; hydroxyl radicals; iodates; iodides; mineralization; models; oxidation; ozone; photolysis; pollutants; reverse osmosis; synergism; wastewater
- ... Removal of micropollutants from reverse osmosis (RO) brines of wastewater desalination by oxidation processes is influenced by the scavenging capacity of brines components, resulting in the accumulation of transformation products (TPs) rather than complete mineralization. In this work the iodinated contrast media diatrizoate (DTZ) was used as model compound due to its relative resistance to oxidat ...