Jump to Main Content
- Potters, G.; Horemans, N.; Caubergs, R.J.; Asard, H.
- Plant physiology 2000 v.124 no.1 pp. 17-20
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Nicotiana tabacum; cell suspension culture; cell cycle; ascorbic acid; oxidation; redox potential; chemical constituents of plants; Show all 8 Subjects
- PubMed Central:
- Cheng, F.Y.; Burkey, K.O.; Robinson, J.M.; Booker, F.L.
- Environmental pollution 2007 v.150 no.3 pp. 355
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; leaves; ascorbic acid; ozone; cultivars; Glycine max; soybeans; greenhouse experimentation; antioxidants; extracellular matrix; plant damage; plant stress; elevated atmospheric gases; charcoal; air; oxidation; genotype; antioxidant activity; stress tolerance; metabolites; species differences; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merr.] cultivars Essex and Forrest that exhibit differences in ozone (O3) sensitivity were used in greenhouse experiments to investigate the role of leaf extracellular antioxidants in O3 injury responses. Charcoal-filtered air and elevated O3 conditions were used to assess genetic, leaf age, and O3 effects. In both cultivars, the extracellular ascorbate pool consisted of ...