Jump to Main Content
- Prange, Robert K.; DeLong, John M.; Harrison, Peter A.; Leyte, Jerry C.; McLean, Scott D.
- Journal of the American Society for Horticultural Science 2003 v.128 no.4 pp. 603-607
- acetaldehyde, etc ; Actinidia deliciosa; Brassica oleracea; Capsicum annuum; Lactuca sativa; Malus sylvestris; Mangifera indica; Musa; Persea americana; Pyrus communis; apples; avocados; bananas; cabbage; chlorophyll; ethanol; ethyl acetate; fermentation; firmness; fluorescence; fruit quality; kiwifruit; light intensity; mangoes; off flavors; oxygen; pears; romaine lettuce; sweet peppers; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... A new chlorophyll fluorescence (F) sensor system called FIRM (fluorescence interactive response monitor) was developed that measures F at low irradiance. This system can produce a theoretical estimate of Fo at zero irradiance for which we have coined a new fluorescence term, Fα. The ability of Fα to detect fruit and vegetable low-O(2) stress was tested in short-term (4-day) studies on chlorophyll- ...
- Peppelenbos, H.W.; Brien, L.; Gorris, L.G.M.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 1998 v.76 no.3 pp. 443-449
- acetaldehyde, etc ; bean sprouts; mung beans; gas exchange; carbon dioxide; aerobic conditions; anaerobic conditions; food packaging; controlled atmosphere storage; simulation models; oxygen; oxygen consumption; fermentation; lactic acid; ethanol; acetic acid; microbial contamination; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Gas-exchange models are often used to predict gas conditions inside modified atmosphere (MA) packages of fresh plant products. Current models describing CO2 production of harvested plant products do not account for an inhibition of a high partial pressure of CO2 on fermentation rates, whereas such as inhibition on plant metabolism is often found. An existing gas-exchange model was modified to incl ...