Jump to Main Content
- Meza‐Escalante, Edna R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of basic microbiology 2015 v.55 no.2 pp. 180-185
- biodegradation; coasts; nitrates; nitrites; p-cresol; pollutants; Mexico
- ... The simultaneous removal of sulfide and p‐cresol was carried out by using a marine‐denitrifying consortium collected in the coastal zone of Sonora, Mexico. Different experimental conditions were used to evaluate the capacity of the consortium to simultaneously eliminate nitrate, sulfide, and p‐cresol. For instance, the first set of assays was conducted at different sulfide concentrations (20, 50, ...
- Meza-Escalante, Edna R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2009 v.36 no.11 pp. 1417-1424
- nitrate reduction; nitrous oxide; oxidation; p-cresol; respiratory rate; synergism
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the capacity of a denitrifying consortium to achieve the simultaneous removal of nitrate, sulfide and p-cresol and elucidate the rate-limiting steps in the mixotrophic process. Nitrite reduction appeared as the most evident rate-limiting step in the denitrifying respiratory process. The nitrite reduction rate achieved was up to 57 times lower than the nitrate ...
- Meza-Escalante, Edna R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2008 v.83 no.3 pp. 372-377
- denitrification; nitrates; nitrites; nitrogen; p-cresol; pollutants; respiratory rate; sludge
- ... BACKGROUND: Many industrial discharges, such as those generated from petrochemical refineries, contain large amounts of sulfurous, nitrogenous and organic contaminants. Denitrification has emerged as a suitable technology for the simultaneous removal of these pollutants in a single reactor unit; however, more evidence is demanded to clarify the limitations of denitrification on the simultaneous re ...