Jump to Main Content
- Hunter, E.J.; Weeding, C.M.; Guise, H.J.; Abbott, T.A.; Penny, R.H.C.
- The Veterinary record 1994 v.135 no.18 pp. 423-425
- electrical treatment, etc ; swine; animal welfare; slaughterhouses; carcass quality; carbon dioxide; backfat; postmortem changes; pH; muscles; reflectance; carcass weight; Show all 12 Subjects
- BOWLING, R. A.; SMITH, G. C.; DUTSON, T. R.; CARPENTER, Z. L.
- Journal of food science 1978 v.43 no.2 pp. 502-514
- electrical treatment, etc ; adenosine triphosphate; air; energy expenditure; lamb carcasses; lambs; longissimus muscle; pH; relative humidity; sarcomeres; shrinkage; temperature; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Effects of prerigor conditioning treatments on processing time, quality characteristics and muscle properties were determined using three muscles from each of 84 lamb carcasses. Carcasses (n = 72) were subjected, beginning 1 hr post‐exsanguination, to one of six conditioning treatments and compared to normally chilled lambs (n = 12). Treatments differed in conditioning period, conditioning chamber ...