Jump to Main Content
- Branco, Ciro César Zanini, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Revista brasileira de botânica 2016 v.39 no.2 pp. 547-558
- lotic systems; macroalgae; microhabitats; pH; shade; solar radiation; streams; temperature; watersheds; Brazil
- ... Habitat heterogeneity influences the composition and structure of macroalgal communities in lotic environments. However, depending on the spatial scale, different environmental characteristics may exert more or less influence. This study aimed to evaluate, at different spatial scales of observation, the influences of local and regional environmental variables on ecological distribution of macroalg ...
- Branco, Ciro Cesar Zanini, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Aquatic botany 2017 v.137 pp. 24-29
- Chlorophyta; aquatic plants; biogeography; botany; canopy; environmental factors; macroalgae; models; pH; species diversity; streams; subtropics; water quality
- ... Understanding how local and regional environmental factors influence species richness remains a key issue in ecology. Green algae (Chlorophyta) are a diverse and widely occurring group, which may be a good model for studying the factors that influence species richness at local and regional scales. Here, we tested the influence of local (water quality and structural complexity) and regional environ ...