Jump to Main Content
- Taschen, Elisa, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Fungal ecology 2018 v.31 pp. 59-68
- DNA barcoding; Tuber melanosporum; ectomycorrhizae; endophytes; fruiting bodies; genotyping; haploidy; microsatellite repeats; mycelium; parents; plant growth; roots
- ... The ectomycorrhizal Tuber melanosporum forms edible fruit-bodies after mating between two haploid parents: a maternal individual, which feeds the fruit-body and colonizes surrounding ectomycorrhizas, and a paternal one hitherto undetected around fruit-bodies. Several other aspects of T. melanosporum ecology remain unclear, such as the formation of a brûlé around the mycelium, i.e. patches where pl ...
- Taschen, Elisa, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Trends in microbiology 2017 v.25 no.10 pp. 784-787
- Tuber melanosporum; females; hermaphroditism; males; parents; sporulation; truffles
- ... The life cycle of the black truffle (Tuber melanosporum) includes a mating before sporulation: although the species is hermaphroditic, mating turns out to involve parents with very different features, that mostly behave as male or female only, suggesting that this species undergoes forced dioecism. ...