Jump to Main Content
- Roberts, Craig A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Forage and grazinglands 2004 v.2 no.1 pp. 0
- Lotus corniculatus; Festuca arundinacea; forage grasses; forage legumes; pastures; mixed stands; beef cattle; feeding preferences; grazing
- ... When birdsfoot trefoil (L.) is interseeded into tall fescue (Schreb.) pastures, animal performance often exceeds that expected based on forage samples taken from the pasture. This may be due to cattle () preferentially selecting birdsfoot trefoil from mixed pastures. Our objective was to investigate the selectivity for birdsfoot trefoil by cattle grazing tall fescue-birdsfoot trefoil pastures. Tre ...
- Roberts, Craig A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Weed technology 2011 v.25 no.2 pp. 222-229
- Ambrosia artemisiifolia; Festuca arundinacea; Xanthium strumarium; biomass; crude protein; field experimentation; forage yield; foraging; near-infrared spectroscopy; nutritive value; pastures; weeds
- ... Separate field trials were conducted in 2007 and 2008 to investigate the effects of increasing densities of common ragweed or common cocklebur on total yield and forage nutritive values in tall fescue pastures. Common ragweed densities ranged from 0 to 188 plants m⁻⁻², and common cocklebur densities ranged from 0 to 134 plants m⁻⁻². Total biomass yields (weeds plus tall fescue) were determined in ...