Jump to Main Content
- Pintado, Maria M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2018 v.201 pp. 340-346
- antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; biofilm; chitosan; cross infection; microorganisms; nanoparticles; pathogens; plankton; plate count; quorum sensing
- ... Nowadays, nosocomial skin infections are increasingly harder to manage and control. In the search for new, natural compounds capable of being alternatives to traditional antibiotics, chitosan and its nanoparticles, have garnered attention. This work sought to understand the potential of chitosan NPs in the management of infections caused by MDR skin pathogens in planktonic and sessile assays. Addi ...
- Pintado, Maria M. E., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Annals of microbiology 2017 v.67 no.1 pp. 123-133
- Bacillus cereus; Escherichia coli; Lactobacillus fermentum; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella Enteritidis; Staphylococcus aureus; Yersinia enterocolitica; antibacterial properties; bacteriocins; bile salts; byproducts; cassava; cassava flour; dough; effluents; lactic acid bacteria; pH; pathogens; probiotics; ribosomal DNA; screening
- ... Bacterial strains were isolated from cassava-derived food products and, for the first time, from cassava by-products, with a focus on gari, a flour-like product, and the effluents from the production processes for gari and fufu (a dough also made from cassava flour). A total of 47 strains were isolated, all of which were tested to determine their resistance to acidic pH and to bile salt environmen ...